Banana buckwheat pancakes with raspberries and Mānuka honey
May 30, 2019
When your next pancake craving strikes try this recipe for fluffy banana buckwheat pancakes with raspberries, pecans and a sweet touch of Mānuka honey.
PRO TIP: Put this mixture through the blender to get an ultra smooth consistency. Add in blueberries for variety or dark chocolate chips for a more indulgent version.
2 ripe bananas
125g buckwheat flour
1tsp ground cinnamon
2tsp baking powder
50g Mānuka honey MGO30+
1Tbs Mānuka honey
- Mash 2 bananas in a bowl with a fork
- Add the cinnamon and baking powder to the bowl of mashed banana and mix well.
- Heat a pan and brush with a little neutral vegetable oil or butter.
- Pour dough into the pan.
- Cook the pancakes at medium to low heat until golden brown. Set aside and keep warm.
- Place 50 g of the pecans in a pan and fry briefly. Add honey and stir to coat pecans.
- Garnish the pancakes with the honey coated pecans, fresh raspberries, redcurrants and banana slices.
- Drizzle with the remaining Mānuka honey, and decorate with mint leaves.
MGO 30+ Mānuka Honey is great to use for a natural boost and as a wholesome sweetener in drinks, foods and recipes.
This premium Mānuka honey is sustainably sourced from our beehives in remote parts of New Zealand. The purity, potency and exceptional natural properties have been carefully protected from hive to jar.
All our honey is produced and packed in New Zealand and can be traced right back to the beekeeper.
TASTE & SENSORY PROFILE: Smooth caramel taste, thick, creamy and golden