Matcha green tea has a wide range of health benefits, from it’s high antioxidant content, to its slow and steady release of caffeine. Purchasing a matcha latte everyday can get expensive, though, and might contain unwanted sweeteners or additives. With the added goodness of Mānuka Health high grade Mānuka honey this is a delicously wholesome drink.
1 teaspoon of matcha powder (ceremonial grade is best)
Mānuka Health Mānuka honey MGO 573,
a small bowl,
a matcha whisk
1. Spoon 1/2 to 1 tsp of matcha into a small bowl.
2. Heat 6 oz of water to 175F. Don’t let the water come to a boil, because the heat can destroy the delicate flavor of matcha. Pour 2 oz of water into the small bowl with the matcha.
3. Whisk vigorously in a zig-zag pattern for about a minute, until frothy.
4. Transfer whisked matcha to your mug, then add remaining hot water. Stir in a teaspoon of Mānuka honey until melted.
5. Use a milk frother to heat and froth 4 oz milk. I like unsweetened almond milk or oat milk. Pour frothed milk over the matcha in your mug.
6. Sprinkle with cinnamon, stir, and enjoy!
MGO 573+ Mānuka Honey is a high potency honey for targeted care when you need it most.
This premium Mānuka honey is sustainably sourced from our beehives in remote parts of New Zealand. The purity, potency and exceptional natural properties have been carefully protected from hive to jar.
All our honey is produced and packed in New Zealand and can be traced right back to the beekeeper.
TASTE & SENSORY PROFILE: Rich, earthy and bittersweet with darker tones and a thick texture