1. Manuka Health New Zealand Limited (we, us or our) is a leading New Zealand natural health company. We manufacture and sell New Zealand bee products in a range of countries.
2. When we operate our business and our websites, we collect, store, process, use and disclose personal information belonging to a range of people. These include our customers, suppliers, people visiting our website and people engaging with us (you or your).
3. Personal information (sometimes called personal data) is information about an identifiable individual. We are committed to protecting your personal information and meeting our privacy obligations and all privacy-related laws.
(a) any websites or applications operated by us;
(b) our social media sites and applications such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and TikTok;
(c) our services to purchase our products from us; or
(d) our services to engage with us.
The types of information we collect
8. We may obtain a wide range of personal information from you when you engage with us.
9. The personal information we collect includes, but is not limited to:
(a) your name, email address, delivery address, phone number and/or other contact details if you provide these to us;
(b) your personal preferences of products you have looked at on our websites or orders of products you have made from our websites;
(c) your payment information, such as your credit card or billing details, if you make an order from our websites or through our customer service representatives;
(d) your current location when you use our websites;
(e) information about your use of our websites, including the time you use or visit our websites, how long you use our websites and what pages you view within our websites;
(f) information about the device you use to access our websites, including your IP address and information about your device;
(g) survey information and spend data for our loyalty programmes; and
(h) any other personal information you otherwise provide to us.
10. We collect personal information in a number of ways, including but not limited to:
(a) when you browse our websites, make enquiries or place orders for our products;
(b) when you email us or send us messages via our websites, email or our social media sites and applications;
(c) when you phone us, as telephone conversations with our staff may be recorded;
(d) when you complete surveys or questionnaires about us or our products;
(e) when you provide a product or service to us or otherwise work for or with us;
(f) when you enter any promotions or competitions run by us; and
(g) in face-to-face meetings with you or at events or conferences.
How we use the personal information we collect
11. We may use your personal information for a variety of reasons and purposes, including but not limited to:
(a) responding to your enquiries about us or our products;
(b) taking orders for our products from you and fulfilling those orders;
(c) measuring, managing, monitoring, developing and improving our websites and services;
(d) contacting you about our websites, any orders you make or products you may be interested in;
(e) sending you promotions or special offers from us that we think you may be interested in, including sending electronic messages such as text messages and emails;
(f) preparing and using data about interest in our products; and
(g) doing anything else required or permitted by laws, rules or regulations.
(a) better understand your preferences, including for our products, so that we may enhance your online experience by presenting you with content that is relevant to you;
(b) improve our products and services; and
(c) monitor the use of our website, including collecting data on web traffic and activity, to operate it more efficiently and functionally.
Who we disclose personal information to
14. We may share your personal information with our Third Party Providers for a range of reasons including:
(a) managing and operating our websites;
(b) taking and fulfilling orders made by you for our products;
(c) marketing or advertising our products to you;
(d) conducting surveys about our products and our business;
(e) to enable those third parties to provide services to us in connection with the websites, our advertising or to operate our business;
(f) to improve our operations, products and services;
(g) when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government or law enforcement agency request;
(h) if we are selling, assigning or transferring any of our assets or business;
(i) if the third party is one of our related companies;
(k) where we are permitted to do so under any applicable laws or regulations.
Transferring and storing personal information
15. We may store and transfer your personal information in different countries, such as Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the US. Whenever we do this, we take steps to make sure your personal information is protected, and we meet our legal obligations.
Security of your personal information
17. We take reasonable precautions to make sure that we keep your personal information secure. However, because the internet is an open network, we cannot warrant or guarantee that your personal information is safe from unauthorised access or use when you engage with us.
19. You acknowledge and understand that our websites are not designed for the processing of sensitive or special categories of personal information, or data that is subject to special regulatory schemes, such as protected health information under relevant legislation. You are responsible for risks that may arise if you enter this kind of information into a search field or take other actions that create or submit information of this type for processing by us or any Third Party Providers.
What we do if there is a privacy breach relating to your personal information
20. If we believe that there has been a privacy breach involving your personal information, we will identify the issue and take steps to minimise any harm.
21. If we believe that the breach has caused, or is likely to cause, serious harm, we will contact the appropriate regulator and take all steps to meet our legal obligations. If appropriate, we will also contact you and anyone else affected by this privacy breach.
22. If you believe there may have been a privacy breach, please contact us as soon as possible.
Communications with you
23. We will (and any authorised Third Party Provider may) send you emails throughout the ordering and purchasing process.
24. We will send out promotional material in our newsletters promoting material related to our company and our business. We use email as a means of receiving feedback from you, and we encourage you to email us with your questions or comments.
25. We will preserve the content of any email you send us if we believe we have the legal requirement to do so. Your email message content may be monitored by us for trouble shooting or maintenance purposes or if any form of email abuse is suspected.
26. From time to time we may send you, and you agree to receive, emails and other promotions relating to services or goods offered by us and our related companies, partners and customers.
27. You may opt out of receiving those emails and other promotions at any time by following the opt-out instructions provided in the relevant communication.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
28. You may request access to your personal information that is held by us at any time.
29. If you believe any of your personal information is incorrect or inaccurate you may request us to correct it at any time.
32. Our websites may contain links to third party websites or applications. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of third party websites or applications.
What about if you're in Europe?
Addendum – European Union General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR")
34. Manuka Health New Zealand Limited is a data controller for our website, services provided through our websites, and all other services provided by us.
35. Manuka Health New Zealand Limited may process your data under the following legal bases:
(a) you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
(b) processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
36. If you are in a country that is a member of the EEA, you have the following additional rights in relation to your Personal Data held by us:
(a) Right to access and rectification of your information: you have the right to access your Personal Data that we are processing and, to the extent the Personal Data is incorrect or incomplete, to have the Personal Data corrected or supplemented.
(b) Right to erasure of your information: you have, in certain circumstances, the right to request that the Personal Data that we collect from you is erased. If we refuse any request you make in relation to this right, we will tell you why in writing and how you can make a complaint about our decision.
(c) Right to object to or restrict processing of your information: you may request that further processing of your Personal Data is restricted in certain circumstances, including while we investigate your concerns with this information.
(d) Right to object to data processing and right to data portability: you have in certain circumstances the right to request that the further processing of your information is restricted or to object to its processing and the right to data portability (to receive and have transferred the information provided). If we refuse any request you make in relation to this right, we will write to you to explain why and how you can make a complaint about our decision.
(e) Right to withdraw consent: you may withdraw consent where provided or object to the further processing of your Personal Data under certain circumstances. If we refuse any request you make in relation to this right, we will write to you to explain why and how you can make a complaint about our decision. The withdrawal of your consent will not affect the processing of your information that you had consented to.
(f) Right to lodge a complaint: you have a right to lodge a complaint concerning processing of your Personal Data to a supervisory authority.
Contacting us about privacy
38. If you have a complaint and feel that this has not been resolved by us to your satisfaction, you may take your complaint directly to the relevant data protection authority in your country (for example in the place you reside or where you believe we have breached your rights). You are not required to let us try to resolve your complaint first before escalating this further.